"Every time I see Reba McEntire I want to yell, 'You killed my lord and savior.""
Last night, Bryan and David faced two very intense things: homophobia and deciding when to buy baby clothes. Yup, two intense yet very different things. Of course we all learned a nice lesson about facing fears, intolerance and that we should call people with Down syndrome handi-"capable" (for realz?). So, I guess this show IS going to be a 24 minute preach-fest every week. Alright, I admit, I had no idea that's what we were getting into, but I'm on board because the good news is The New Normal should star in its own "It Gets Better" ad, because ... wait for it ... it's getting better.
Bryan & David
"Ma'am, isn't your age the best method of birth control?" "It's not for me you inked up rude pervert."
Definitely a better week than last for Nana. She brought more funny and less straight up intolerance which was a nice change of fight. She also ridiculously brought two fourth graders to Planned Parenthood. Come on! That's comedy folks. Another moment of hope came late in the episode when she and Bryan share a stupid joke together (I can't even repeat it, it was so so stupid). They are beginning to find out that Nana is the ultimate fag-hag. She loves dumb jokes, nice clothes and wine. I'm giving them until episode 6 before Nana and Bryan are BFHF (that's Best Fag-Hags Forever).
- Shout out to Loehman's! Love it.
- Bowler hat creeper 4th grader prevert. He was greasy weird and creepy beyond belief, but his mother was a touch of amazing.
- We all know that Ryan Murphy loves to cast people with Down syndrome in his shows, but he's pulling the Down syndrome card a touch early on The New Normal, right!?
- Previews for next week tease that Goldie will start dating a new guy. Here's the problem: it's Nate St. Germain / Lyndon James the psycho-stalker of Maya from Pretty Little Liars. Don't date THAT guy!! Also, don't cast that guy.
- Dropped a ton of "Fag" bombs tonight. I know, I know, it was to prove a point, but it just seemed like A LOT.
- WHERE WAS NENE LEAKES!? Please bring her back in full force next week.