"The curse. It's broken." "It would appear so."
When we left Once Upon a Time last season, a big purple haze was about to swallow everyone up. "Magic" was coming, but so was Jimi Hendrix, so the two kind of balanced each other out. Until it was revealed in the premiere that this purple haze had absolutely nothing to do with rock and roll OR psychedelics. Just the continued use of hilarious visual metaphors coupled with a modern-cliche-loving writer's interpretation of Olde Timey dialogue. The premiere delivered in all of the awesomely bad everything we've come to expect (and love!) from this show. The logic was questionable, the green screen was in overdrive and the the camp was high. It's Once Upon a Time Season Deux!
Evil Wall Paper
Wooden Clunker of the Week
- Mysterious man in Manhattan!
- The Blue Fairy's severe 1940s hairdo in 2012 Maine.
- Who is Dr. Whale? A lothario who bedded Mary Margaret, that's who!
- Nice to see the deatheaters from Harry Potter getting some work.
- Where was August W. Booth?!
- So much close talking/close yelling.
- Prince Phillip suggests that Nora get some sleep, but she can't because of what she "just went through." Which was 26 YEARS OF SLEEPING.
- Why you gotta kill off all da hotties so fast, show? RIP another cute British guy.
- If the Sleeping Beauty/Mulan stuff was contemporaneous with all the stuff that happened in Storybrooke, how were the amulet and wraith in two places at once?
- Nobody took those acting lessons over the summer, did they? :( :( :(
The writers are queuing up a whole new roster of sexy Brits to kill off on this show!
Dementors*, but yes, it's interesting how Mulan and Harry Potter have suddenly become fairy tales.
WORST part of the episode was Prince Phillip dying. Why, OUAT, WHY?? Just when I thought they would finally fill the Sexy Sheriff void... sigh.
But still can't wait til next Sunday!